Dr. Faiz Ali is currently Welsh Representative on the JAG Accrededation Steering Group, Royal College of Physicians.
I am a Consultant Gastroenterologist in Hywel Dda University Health Board.
My other roles:
– Clinical lead for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy for Hywel Dda University Health Board.
– Lead Screening Colonoscopist, Bowel Cancer Screening Wales, Hywel Dda University Health Board.
My main areas of interest are Endoscopy and improving Endoscopy services in Wales.
A brief overview of my role with WAGE:
I am the Welsh Representative on the JAG Accreditation Steering Group, Royal College of Physicians.
JAG accreditation is awarded to endoscopy services who have been assessed and have demonstrated that they meet the JAG quality standards. These cover all aspects of an endoscopy service, ensuring that they:
* continually improve the quality and safety of the care provided
* maintain a strong focus on ensuring patients have a positive experience
* provide excellent training and development opportunities for all staff
* uphold a safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
It is the aim for all endoscopy units in Wales to be JAG accredited. I work in Hywel Dda and we have had good experience of the JAG accreditation process with regular annual review / 5 year visits for all our 4 endoscopy units.
There are challenges in Wales but JAG accreditation remains a primary goal for our National Endoscopy Programme
Click on the Twitter icon below to follow me.