The Autumn conference will showcase oral presentations of the best abstracts submitted by any WAGE member.
Abstracts must conform with the following criteria and be submitted by the 1st of September each year:
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words including authors, affiliations, figures, and tables
- Abstracts must be sent via email to with title “ABSTRACT 2021”
- Submitted work must be original and not published or accepted for publication
- Abstracts are welcomed from any WAGE member (Consultants / Registrars / Nurses / Students / etc.)
- No changes to the abstract are allowed following submission
- Abstracts will become available on the WAGE website after judging
- Presentation of the abstract must be no longer than 10 minutes with an additional 5 minutes allowed for questions
- Authors must be available to present their work at the WAGE Autumn conference
Abstracts will be judged according to agreed criteria by the Core Executive Group and successful candidates will be invited to present their work at the October conference at least 3 weeks in advance.
Presentations will be scored by a judging panel nominated in advance comprising of at least 3 members of the Executive Committee and 2 other members from a variety of disciplines and geographical areas. Criteria will include content, originality, impact on service improvement and presentation. Scores will be calculated at the conference and first, second and third prizes of £200, £150, and £100 awarded respectively awarded.