Autumn Conference 2023
You are invited to submit an abstract to showcase a piece of original work in a subject relevant to the field of Gastroenterology, Hepatology or Endoscopy. The Autumn conference will showcase oral presentations of the best abstracts submitted by any WAGE member.
We are particularly inviting (a) nurses and allied health professionals (b)medical and other students in addition to (c) trainees in Gastroenterology, Surgery, Pathology or Radiology etc. to submit an abstract which will be scored according to professional group.
Abstracts must conform with the following criteria and be submitted by the 1st of September:
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words including authors, affiliations, figures, and tables
- Abstracts must be submitted via the WAGE website
- Any figures or tables should be emailed in Microsoft Word format to with your abstract title as the email subject
- Submitted work must be original and not published or accepted for publication
- No changes to the abstract are allowed following submission
- Abstracts will become available on the WAGE website after judging
- Authors must be available to present their work at the WAGE Autumn conference
- Authors must state which category they are in i.e., nurse/allied health profession, trainee, or student
Abstracts will be judged according to agreed criteria by the Core Executive Group and successful candidates will be invited to present their work at the Autumn conference at the ICC Newport on the 5th of October. Presentations will be scored by the judging panel according to content, originality, impact on service improvement and presentation. Scores will be calculated at the conference and first, second and third prizes of £200, £150, and £100 awarded to those giving the best presentations.